Tomah VA Medical Center
VALOR is an honors program with structured clinical experience for outstanding nursing students who have completed their junior year. The clinical experience will include didactic course work, competency-based clinical practice with a qualified RN preceptor and participation in nursing-focused clinical conferences. The Nursing VALOR Program provides the student with an opportunity to develop competence in a nursing specialty area and to learn VA policies and procedures.
Who is Eligible?
- Students in NLN accredited BSN program who have completed their junior year.
- Students with CGPA (cumulative grade point average) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (no grade lower than a B in a nursing course.)\
- Students able to complete a minimum of 400 consecutive hours (10 weeks) as a Nursing VALOR participant at the VA Medical Center, Tomah, WI.
- Students who are a U.S. citizen and meet physical examination standards at the time of entry into the Nursing VALOR Program.
- Students who do not have an obligation to any federal scholarship program, a state, or other entity for professional practice after academic training.
For more information, view the VALOR Fact Sheet.
- Tomah VA Medical Center
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm